The New Mexico Coalition for Choice works with its member organizations to coordinate legislative advocacy, grassroots organizing, and public education and awareness regarding the preservation of reproductive choice and privacy for women and men, regardless of age, economic or ethnic background.
As a Coalition member, NOW attends regular meetings, work with Choice partners to craft pro-choice legislation, and organizes members as “citizen lobbyists” during New Mexico’s legislative sessions, attending hearings, mobilizing email and phone campaigns, coordinating speakers, and making sure seats are available for pro-choice witnesses during hearings.
Coalition members include:
- American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- American Civil Liberties Union—New Mexico (ACLU-NM)
- The League of Women Voters of New Mexico
- New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- NM Women's Agenda
- Nirvana Manana Institute
- NOW Santa Fe
- Planned Parenthood—New Mexico
- Southwest Women's Law Center
- Southwestern Women's Options